Wednesday through Sunday 1-4PM Closed Mondays & Tuesdays
* We are now open Thursdays to the public, with no appointment necessary.
All other days are still by appointment only and you must always be pre-approved to adopt.
A Pet’s Ten Commandments
- My life is likely to last 10 – 20 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
- Give me time to understand what you want of me. YOU are the one I want to please.
- Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being and I won’t let you down.
- Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
- Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
- Be aware that however you treat me, I can never forget it.
- Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to .
- Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be wrong with me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
- Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old, I promise I will not leave you…
- On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can’t bear to watch. Don’t make me face this alone. Even this is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God’s critters. Now please pass this on to other pet owners. We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!