HOURS: Wednesday through Sunday 1-4PM
Closed Mondays & Tuesdays
Wed-Fri-Sat-Sun by appointment only.
Thursdays are now open with no appointment necessary.
You must always be pre-approved to adopt.
Become a Part of the Whiskers Volunteer Team!
* If you are a senior, please check into our wonderful no cost Senior-to-Senior Forever Foster Program.
How can I volunteer at Whiskers Pet Rescue?
Volunteers are needed for many things at Whiskers Pet Rescue. Here are some of the ways that you can get involved as a volunteer:
- Volunteer in our Cat Adoption Center in Southbury. We need mature, responsible, cat-loving adults to help us with kennel work (cleaning cages, litter box cleaning, giving the cats fresh food and water, etc.) and of course the fun part…playing with the kitties! You need to be able to commit to one morning (approx. 3 hours) or evening (approx. 2 hours) a week, but you’re welcome to do more if you desire. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We will now accept some 16-17 year olds, with signed parental permission. This is a great opportunity for students who need community service hours!
- Collect donations from local businesses that we will use as raffle prizes at our fundraisers.
- Bake lots of goodies for our bake sales.
- Develop ideas for new fundraisers and follow through with those ideas.
- Transport animals to and from vet appointments, or in emergency situations.
We are fortunate to have a group of fabulous volunteers who dedicate their free time to helping cats/kittens, but we can always use more help. If you’d like to join us in our mission, please click here and select “Volunteering” as your topic.
How can I become a foster at Whiskers Pet Rescue?
Our Foster Care Program is vital to our organization. Our foster families give a loving temporary home to our rescue cats/kittens until they go to their forever homes. Whiskers Pet Rescue provides all the food, litter, and vet care. All the foster family needs to do, besides providing a safe, nurturing environment with lots of tender loving care, is transport their foster cat/kitten(s) to and from adoption events and vet appointments. We will do our best to work out other means of transportation when you are unable to do so. We are always in need of more foster homes. If we had more people volunteering to foster homeless cats/kittens, we could help more cats, and kittens. If you're interested in fostering a cat or kittens, please click here and select "Fostering" as your topic.