We are open by appointment only for approved adopters.
Phone: (203) 586-1666
Closed Mondays and Tuesdays
Foster a Whiskers Pet Rescue Cat or Kitten
How can I be a foster at Whiskers Pet Rescue?
Our Foster Care Program is vital to our organization. Our foster families give a loving temporary home to our rescue cats/kittens until they go to their forever homes. Whiskers Pet Rescue provides all the food, litter, and vet care. All the foster family needs to do, besides providing a safe, nurturing environment with lots of tender loving care, is transport their foster cat/kitten(s) to and from adoption events and vet appointments. We will do our best to work out other means of transportation when you are unable to do so. We are always in need of more foster homes. If we had more people volunteering to foster homeless cats/kittens, we could help more cats, and kittens. If you're interested in fostering a cat or kittens, please click here and select "Fostering" as your topic.
*If you are a senior, please check into our wonderful
Senior-to-Senior Forever Foster Program.
How can I volunteer at Whiskers Pet Rescue?
In addition to fostering, volunteers are needed for many other things at Whiskers Pet Rescue. Here are some of the ways that you can get involved as a volunteer:
- Volunteer in our Cat Adoption Center in Southbury. We need mature, responsible, cat-loving adults to help us with kennel work (cleaning cages, giving the cats fresh food and water, etc.) and of course the fun part…playing with the kitties! You need to be able to commit to one morning or evening a week, but you’re welcome to do more if you desire. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply. (A great opportunity for students who need community service hours!)
- Collect donations from local businesses that we will use as raffle prizes at our fundraisers.
- Bake lots of goodies for our bake sales.
- Develop ideas for new fundraisers and follow through with those ideas.
- Transport animals to and from vet appointments, or in emergency situations.
We are fortunate to have a group of fabulous volunteers who dedicate their free time to helping cats/kittens, but we can always use more help. If you’d like to join us in our mission, please click here and select “Volunteering” as your topic.